WOKO regularly monitors the latest developments and is implementing measures in accordance with the recommendations of the authorities. WOKO is unable to answer any questions on the subject of coronavirus by e-mail or phone. We wil comunicate current special measures and rules of conduct on an ongoing basis and will publish them here and via other channels.
General information and rules of cunduct
- Follow the rules of conduct of the Federal Office of Public Health: https://bag-coronavirus.ch/
- In the event of a suspected infection, contact immediately the medical hotline of the Canton of Zurich (0800 33 66 55).
- Get general information about the virus and on the general rules of conduct directly from the BAG/FOPH (Bundesamt für Gesundheit/Federal Office of Public Health).
For Tenants: Current information and operational changes
What special measures have we taken? Comprehensive information can be found here:
- Remain calm.
- Parties are prohibited in the WOKO properties.
- Stay only in small groups (as of 23.03.: max. 5 persons), keep 2m distance between the persons.
- Please pay attention to the notices in your property and follow the instructions of the staff. The rules are for your protection and the protection of WOKO staff.
- If you suspect that you are infected, you should immediately contact the medical hotline of the Canton of Zurich
(0800 33 66 55).
- If your illness is confirmed or suspected, you should also contact us and subsequently let us know, Mail to: email@example.com.
- If you have any further questions, call the FOPH hotline
For residents: +41 58 463 00 00
For Travellers: +41 58 464 44 88
- Self-isolation and quarantine : Get tips and information via the website of the Federal Office of Public Health.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the new coronavirus / Responses from the BAG/FOPH
Information from WOKO partner organisations for tenants:
Operational changes at WOKO:
- The desks in Zurich and Winterthur are closed until further notice. As long as the desks are closed, we accept all forms by e-mail or post.
- To minimize contact for you and our staff, we may not perform non-urgent repairs immediately.
- During cleaning work by WOKO staff in communal kitchens, access to the rooms is blocked.
For employees: Up-to-date information
In order to protect its employees, WOKO introduced operations with minimal presence or contact as of 20 March 2020:
- Wherever possible, work is carried out in the home office.
- Meetings are reduced to a minimum and are conducted using conferencing tools or by telephone wherever possible.
- Employees in the properties only carry out necessary, urgent work.
- During cleaning and repair work or room inspections, tenants must leave the rooms.
- All counter work is done by mail, e-mail or telephone.
- We ask for understanding, if longer waiting times or operating restrictions arise due to the change in operation or due to staff shortages.
Our employees will be regularly informed directly about the latest measures.